I’ve been on a manhunt for a new bag for the fall. I have yet to find exactly what I’m looking for that is budget-friendly, but I’m determined! In the meantime, I have been swapping back and forth between bags because I’m so indecisive for what I want to carry-around currently. I’m the type of girl that finds a bag and then wears the crap outta it for a few months. Then it gets “old” to me and I toss it in my purse pile until I completely forget about it and its time to either donate to Goodwill or to cycle it back into my wardrobe. I thought it’d be fun to take a look into the necessities that I carry in my bag today:
1) My purse. The star of the show, shall you. I bought this faux-camel print after seeing a co-worker with one and fell in love with the look. I’m not usually a big fan of animal prints, but I thought this one wasn’t your typical cheetah or zebra and worked well with a lot of my wardrobe (especially work clothes which I primarily wear a lot of black, gray and white anyways). I bought it from Payless Shoe Source for a whopping $24.99. Bingo. Bango.
2) Pens. I’m a non-practicing writer. I have my bachelor’s degree in English-Writing and my earliest memories are creating stories from songs I heard on the radio and then painfully making my grandma listen to me read them out loud. Because I no longer write for work and rarely for pleasure (except this blog and a personal journal), I still like to keep lots and lots of writing tools on hand … just in case!
3) Hair things. Every girl needs to have her hair did. Well, I don’t really care that much about my beauteous hair so I just carry the essentials: comb and hair clip. Never know when you need it straightened out.
4) Keys. ’nuff said.
5) Business cards. Because of my job in HR, I am always networking when out at events. And if I find a great candidate for a job with my company, I need to be able to reach out and contact these candidates on the spot.
6) Notebook. I started carrying a small notebook around with me for notes, thoughts, ideas that I have during the day. It was completely useful during a conference I was recently at and forgot to bring a real notebook.
8.) Hand sanitizer. Cuz you can never be too safe. Plus, this is lotion/hand sani and it smells wonderful.
9) Small wallet. I carry cash, credit cards ,etc in this small wallet.
10) Long wallet. Carries my checks, pictures and other necessary cards that I don’t need to carry in my small wallet.