Yesterday, my department at work hosted a Halloween Sweet Table and team members were asked to bring in a spooky treat to compete for bragging rights on this year’s “scariest treat”. I knew right off the bat that I was not going to win, but I wanted to bring in something more fun than my typical grocery store brownie tray. After reviewing tons of recipes on potential treats, I finally settled on “Monster Hands” as it was not something gory and was fairly easy to make.
- Microwave popcorn
- Plastic gloves (non-latex, non- powdered)
- Candy Corn
- Thin ribbon
- Take 1 plastic glove and place 1 piece of candy corn into each finger slot (which makes the illusion of fingernails)
- Pop microwave popcorn and let cool
- After popcorn is cooled, fill plastic glove with popcorn and leave a bit of room at the top to be able to gather to close
- Gather the top of the glove (opposite of “finger tips”) and secure closed with ribbon of your preference
I was so excited to make this spooky treat! But I couldn’t find the bags anywhere! I searched a few grocery stores, WalMart, etc. My advice would be to find a GFS or another food-service place that sells them (maybe Costco) or start visiting Subway/Jimmy Johns and beg for a few at each location. Anyone making some fun spooky treats for the holiday?