Borrowed from a fellow blogger Paying Myself, who writes a personal finance blog (my second obsession next to home improvement/DIY blogs), I will be writing a brief update every week on my financials for that particular week. Hopefully this will keep my mind in check before heading into the weekend and will provide a clear reference on where my cash has been going. This will not substitute for my regular, daily posts.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on food. I went out to eat on Monday night and then bought some drinks last night. I’ve also been a bad girl and have been purchasing my lunch at my work’s cafeteria instead of bringing my lunch. Bad girl.
2. Today I feel anxious towards money. I’m ready to start making real dents in my bills and also scared at what March/April will bring to the future of my wallet.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was read my book while in bed. I haven’t done much activity this week, but I do find it relaxing to curl up with my book before bed. Now, if I can just get a soaker tub to go with that good book …
4. I will consider this week a success if I stay within my budget and do not over spend my allotted weekly money.
5. I am afraid of demolishing my credit due to foreclosure.