I’ve spent a better part of 2010 whining over all that is wrong in my life and how things just haven’t gone the way I wanted. Lame, right? So, I think this is the perfect time to sit back and contemplate on the things I’m actually thankful for, and the things that I’d like to improve upon going into 2011 (and yes, there’s a goal list that will be available for 2011 soon).
- I’m thankful for … my health. For the better part, I’m pretty healthy. I realize that it could be so much worse and that things could be something that I would have to deal with for the rest of my life. So, I’m blessed to have any ailments that I do have because pretty much I’m healthy as a champion horse.
- I’m thankful for … my family support. I’ve been through a lot of garbage the past 7 years of my life and my family has always stuck by me to bail me out (not jail) and to lend support and advice when needed … even if it is sometimes unsolicited.
- I’m thankful for … having a great job. In this economy, there’s no guaranteed that I’m going to be employed from day-to-day, and to be able to be 27 years old and have 9.5 years with one company is an amazing feat. I’m thankful for this every day.
- I’m thankful for … the friends that I do have. I’ve lost quite a few friends and close relationship that I thought I had over the past 2-3 years. And I’m grateful for the people that have stayed in my life … and the new people that have come into it.
- I’m thankful for … my strength and independence. Because of the upbringing I had, I’ve grown into a very strong and independent woman that doesn’t take crap from anyone … ok, maybe like 1 person. But regardless … I’m strong and I’m on my own, living every day.