Jess from Plucky’s Second Thought was sweet enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award! Sunnyside Shlee has always been a fun “thing” for me to do to interact with other people, learn more about crafts, travels, and much more – as well as to practice my love of writing. I haven’t focused so much on growing the blog into a business, but have enjoyed my readership and meeting new bloggers along the way! I can’t believe it’s been over 2 years since I started this little ditty and am excited to see where it all takes me!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. HERE ARE THE RULES FOR RECEIVING THIS AWARD:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs!
11 Things About Me:
- I’m was raised in the city of Chicago – the actual city, not a suburb
- I’m a Twi-hard. I’ve read all of the novels and seen all of the movies.
- I’ve been to Las Vegas about 16 times before the age of 21 and only twice since turning 21 – both times have been for work not pleasure.
- I’ve asked Flavor Flav to move out of my way at the San Diego Zoo.
- My favorite band/singer is Dave Matthews Band. I’m in love and obsessed with all things DMB.
- I love the California life-style and if I had the choice, I’d move to California in a heart beat.
- I’ve played sports all of my life but quit basketball in fifth grade because there was too much running involved. I rejoined in 7th grade.
- I love pens and I regularly purchase pens and usually use a different one every day.
- I love Mexican food – I could eat it everyday.
- I won the spelling bee in 8th grade and went on to the Chicago regional competition where I lost on a letter that began with a C…I still can’t remember what word it was.
- I can quote the entire movie of Aladdin.
My 11 QUESTIONS:
- What was the name of your first childhood pet? Goldie, the goldfish 🙂
- Where was your favorite vacation memory? Mexico my senior year of high school – it was an amazing trip with amazing people.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Rachel McAdams… I love her.
- What is the one addiction that you have that not many people know about? Maybe cracking my knuckles? I do it all of the time.
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be? Southern California
- What came first: the chicken or the egg; why? The egg, maybe it evolved.
- Windows or Apple; why? Apple. Because everything Apple is a stellar piece of technology, whether you want to admit it or not.
- What was the first CD you ever purchased? Can’t remember. I used to steal my dads when I was younger so it all blurs together.
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? The only thing that comes to mind is jumping into a water hole at the Mexico trip mentioned earlier – I’m terrified of unknown bodies of water and it was in a foreign country but I didn’t want to regret not doing it so I jumped in and freaked out the entire time til I got out!
- What did you want to become when you where young? A famous journalist or a teacher.
- What is the one goal you have for 2013? Be a healthier me in 2013 – I turn 30 and get married. It’s going to be a huge year!
11 8 Blogs I’ve Nominated for the Liebster Award are:
- The Borrowed Abode
- The BookBimbo Chronicles
- Small Home Big Start
- My eDiets Journey
- Cook With Molly
- A Lot on Your Plate
- Hernando House
- Rockstar Boots
Thanks Jess for your nomination!
11 Questions for My Nominees to Answer: (Sorry this wasn’t up earlier! I was so excited to post this that I forgot to include my questions!)
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What’s your go-to rainy day movie?
- Name something you’re proud of accomplishing.
- What’s the one thing you never leave your house without?
- What’s your favorite number and why?
- What was the last concert you went to?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- What kind of phone do you use? iPhone? Android? Flip phone? Landline?
- If money and time wasn’t an issue and you could go anywhere in the world – now, past or future – where would you go?