I love Mediterrean-inspired food. Seriously, I could eat kebobs and Greek salad everyday. One of my favorite summer meals is a quick and easy spin on a chicken kebob and couscous meal, that you can dress up or down depending on your taste. My version is super simple and easy and is great for when I don’t have a lot of time to prepare a meal.
- 2 whole skinless chicken breasts
- 2 small/medium green peppers – chopped
- 1 medium cucumber – chopped
- 1 box of easy make couscous
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
1. Sprinkle seasonings to taste on chicken breast (I use Adobo and Garlic Salt), cut up into small pieces and fry in pan. 2. Bowl water and mixture per box instructions for couscous, add couscous once water reaches a bowl, remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes. 3. Once couscous is done, put in bowl and mix feta cheese in. 4. Mix veggies into mixture. 5. Top with chicken and serve!
Ways you can make this meal even better:
- Add a small amount of butter to pan when frying chicken – gives it a warm brown color
- Skewer chicken and grill instead of frying
- Use non-instant couscous! I cannot make couscous without help from a box but if you’re a pro- have at it!
- Whip up a cucumber tzatzkiki sauce to drizzle on top