While I’m knee-deep in wedding planning, details, and getting ready for my big-day overall, I have a great Guest Post for you from Jess at Plucky’s Second Thought! Jess has been kind enough to share a YUM-O recipe with us on Cheesy Sausage and Potato Casserole! I hope you enjoy! And don’t forget to stop by Jess’ for some more yummy recipes and even crafting fun! She shares some amazing ideas that are all Pin-worthy!
Hello all! I’m Plucky from Plucky’s Second Thought…but most call me Jess. 🙂 Why “Plucky” you may ask? Well, it was a nickname when I was younger and it was one that was never forgotten! At Plucky’s Second Thought I try to post easy craft projects and recipes that anyone could accomplish. Yep, you don’t have to be Martha Stewart or Rachael Ray to attempt anything on my blog! There are also a variety of travel and product reviews as well as some awesome giveaways and link parties! 🙂
My family and I love to have a nice breakfast on Sunday mornings and this was one recipe we decided to try! It doesn’t take much effort to make, but the end results are DELICIOUSNESS!
Cheesy Sausage and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb your favorite bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 yellow onion
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 20 oz bag frozen hashbrowns
- 8 oz shredded mild cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350; spray 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook sausage in a skillet; once cooked, remove and saute onions in grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, including sausage and onions; reserve roughly one cup of the cheese for topping.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish; bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with reserved cheese; return to oven for 8 minutes.