Today’s topic: Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you’d like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop.
Today’s Blogtember prompt takes me to a local coffee shop for post writing, which is completely unrealistic for me on a Thursday. A) Because I cannot wake up earlier than 6 am for my hour+ drive to work, B) It’s JP nurse clinical day and she’s outta the house at the crack of dawn which means I’m in charge of the pups morning care and C) I’m just not AWAKE first thing in the morning. Excuses, excuses. But I did make it to my usual morning pit stop at Starbucks on my way into work and tried NOT to be a huge creeper taking pics of myself in the parking lot and inside the store. I really don’t think that worked out much. All my pics came out blurry except this one:
So today I have the option of writing about what makes me happy or what makes me sad. Or, anything really. I think I’m going to list it out and do both… let’s get cray cray on this Thursday. What!
Things That Make Me Happy:
- warm coffee on a cold/chilly morning
- coming home to JP after a long day at work
- seeing my nephew laugh
- talking with my dad
- new pens
- hearing a client is happy with my work
- tropical beaches
- New Girl and The Mindy Project
- lazy weekends with JP
Things That Make Me Sad:
- people with a vision impairment (my uncle is blind and tugs at my heart strings)
- senior citizens (aren’t they so cute?!)
- saying goodbye
- not being able to spend a lot of time with my dad and grandma
- thinking about world tragedies
- when my gas light goes on in my car 25 minutes away from home
- my drive to and from work
- adults with speech impediments (ugh, i just want to hug them)
- anything to do with the harming or mistreatment of ANY animal
Mkay, enough with the bumming out. Chicago is getting a warm surge for the weekend and we might get to see 80 degrees by Saturday. Then, the fall rushes back in and we’re back down to the 60s on Sunday. It’s crazy how the weather is when the seasons start to change. I’m looking forward to the colors of the changing leaves. It’s one of my favorite things about the fall. So beautiful and majestic. What are somethings that just totally make your day?